The ParkZone’ Sukhoi SU-29MM was designed by champion pilot and world-class aircraft designer, Mike McConville. It combines lightweight construction with a high-output brushless power system to achieve awesome 3D and precision aerobatic performance. What sets it apart is its Spektrum’ AR636 receiver with advanced SAFE’ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology.
SAFE technology actually makes the Sukhoi SU-29MM ‘aware’ of its attitude relative to the ground. This attitude awareness has been used to create four flight modes that let experienced RC pilots explore aggressive aerobatics with more confidence and less risk. In Stagility’ mode, the airplane can perform any aerobatic or 3D maneuver but will return to upright flight if both sticks are released. The AS3X’ 3D mode provides a marvelous balance of crisp response and rock-solid stability when practicing low-speed 3D maneuvers like hovers and harriers. AS3X Precision mode is for flying precision aerobatics at high speed, because it smoothes out the effects of turbulence so the aircraft tracks like it’s on rails. In case of emergency, Panic Recovery mode immediately returns the aircraft to upright flight with the push of a button and it can be activated at any time or while in any flight mode.
Thanks to the precision fit and finish of this model, final assembly can take less than an hour. All you need to provide is your favorite DSM2’/DSMX’ compatible 6+ channel programmable transmitter and a charged 2100-2200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery.
CONFIDENTLY EXPLORE ADVANCED AEROBATICS
The SAFE’ (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology built into the Spektrum’ AR636 receiver actually makes the Sukhoi SU-29MM ‘aware’ of its attitude relative to the ground. This attitude awareness has been used to create four flight modes that let experienced RC pilots explore aggressive aerobatic maneuvers with more confidence and less risk.
The model’s wings are constructed of hollow Z-Foam material that has been reinforced with carbon fiber. The result is a structure that is stiffer and lighter than solid foam. This rigid, lightweight airframe combined with the powerful brushless motor is what gives the Sukhoi Su-29MM its exhilarating 3D capability.
Its high-output power system delivers the awesome vertical performance you need to perform 3D maneuvers with ease. A 40-Amp Switch-Mode BEC Brushless ESC cleanly channels power from the required 3S 11.1V 2200mAh 25C battery to the 10-size, 1250Kv BL outrunner motor.
Vortex generators on the leading edges of the wings give you more control and stability when flying at slow speeds and high angles of attack.
Double-beveled hinges on the control surfaces make it possible to achieve the extreme control throws necessary for high alpha 3D maneuvers.
Each control surface is linked to a dedicated E-flite’ 13g digital micro servo. With metal gears that add an extra level of durability, their speed and power helps to make your input feel crisp.
The original trim scheme is both stunning and vivid from any angle. The large canopy has been tinted as an additional recognition reference.
The two-piece, plug-in wings are easy to remove for transport or repair. They are secured in place with the screws provided and are supported with a carbon fiber wing joiner.
The large battery hatch features a mechanical latch for easy removal and allows instant access to the flight battery tray and radio electronics.
The flexible wire landing gear and large wheels are designed to handle all kinds of abuse. They make it easier to fly off grass too.
- Spektrum AR636 DSMX’ receiver with SAFE technology
- Powerful 10-size, 1250Kv BL outrunner motor
- E-flite’ 40A brushless ESC
- E-flite 13-gram digital micro servos
- Lightweight, hollow-wing Z-Foam’ construction
- Leading-edge vortex generators
- Stunning, high-visibility trim scheme
- Two-piece, plug-in wing for easy transport and repair
- Double-beveled hinges for large control surface throws
- Durable wire landing gear and large wheels for flying off grass
- Large, easy-access battery hatch
- Wingspan: 44.0 in (1120mm)
- Overall Length: 42.3 in (1074 mm)
- Wing Area: 403 sq. in. (26.0 sq, dm.)
- Flying Weight: 40.6 oz (1150 g)
- Motor Size: 10-size BL10 Brushless outrunner, 1250Kv (installed)
- Radio: 4+ Channel DSM2/DSMX Transmitter Required
- Servos: Installed
- CG (center of gravity): 3.2 in. (82mm) Back at Wing Root
- Wing Loading: 14.5 oz/sq. ft.
- Prop Size: 12 x 4
- Spinner Size: 1.93 in (49mm)
- Speed Control : 40-Amp Pro ESC (installed)
- Recommended Battery: 11.1V 3S 2200mAh 25C LiPo
- Anti-Crash Technology: Yes
You will need…
- 4+ channel DSM2- or DSMX-compatible transmitter with computer programming
- 11.1V 3S 2100-2200mAh LiPo 25C flight battery
- Charger for flight battery